Terms and Conditions for the Registration of an Internet Domain Name (under .ir)
Terms and Conditions (.ir), Appendix 4: Renewal Policy and Procedure
- Renewal reminders are sent out 60, 30, 15 and 7 days before the
expiration of a domain to admin and billing contacts.
- Upon receiving the renewal notice, the Administrative Contact can
request a renewal bill by specifying in the Administrative Contact
panel the desired period of renewal.
- If the renewal payment is not received by the expiration date,
the domain will become inactive. The holder can reactive the domain
through admin contact panel within a 30-day grace period by paying
the required bill.
- If no payment is received within the 30-day grace period, the
domain will be locked. The holder can unlock the domain, within the
next 30-day period by paying in addition to the renewal fee a fine
equivalent to a one-year renewal fee.
- If the holder fails to unlock the domain within 30 days, the domain
will be suspended.